Monday, November 12, 2012

Tag, I'm It

A really great author friend of mine, C.A. Szarek, was tagged with this questionnaire about works-in-progress, and she was kind enough to tag me with it, too.  If I knew any other authors, I'd continue the chain.  But, since she's the only one I know, I'm returning the tag for her.  Check out the link to her blog.  I know I can't WAIT for the book she's referencing.  LEARGAN!!!
C.A. Szarek

On to my own WIP...

What is your working title of your book?
Brutal Embrace
 
Where did the idea come from for the book?
One night, as I was sitting on the couch, I had vision of a woman waking up from a nightmare.  The scene was so vivid, I felt compelled to write it down, even though I've never really tried writing a story before.  I asked questions as I wrote, and the scene became a chapter, and the chapter several pages.

What genre does your book fall under?
Paranormal romance with a hint of sci-fi.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Brutal would be Joe Manganiello with longer hair.
Tess is a little more difficult.  She has a sweetness to her beauty, kinda like Katherine Heigl, only not as tall.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Brutal, the leader of the Guardian Order, battles against his ancient enemy and time as he prepares the only human dreamer in existence, Tess Donavan, for her new life.
 
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Here's hoping I have an answer to that question soon.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Considering, I'm still writing it, I have been working on it for almost a year.  Being new at this, I'm still honing my word-crafting skills.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I can't really compare it to any one book in the genre.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I am a huge fan of J.R. Ward and Pamela Palmer.  Laurann Dohner is also on that list.  But my writer bestie, Chrissy has helped me find the courage to actually keep writing.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Hot alpha males with fangs and special powers (no, they aren't vamps or wolves) protecting the human realm from an unspeakable evil hell bent on dominating all dimensions. 

2 comments:

  1. I love how scenes like that can just come into your mind and take over your life~~guess that's par for being a writer. We're all a little insane, following characters in our heads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard so many authors describe their process this way, but I didn't fully appreciate the extent of it until I started writing. And since I do feel a little bit crazy having conversations with the voices in my head, I guess that means I'm doing something right :)

      Delete